Despite injuries and a slow start, the San Francisco 49ers (15-4) have won 12 straight games and are in the NFC Conference Championship. With a top-ranked NFL defense and offensive stars like Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel and George Kittle, the Niners are one game away from a chance at another Super Bowl. With third-string quarterback Brock Purdy, however, another 49ers Super Bowl seems to be a difficult task.
Latest 49ers Super Bowl Odds & Playoff Chances: NFC Championship Round 2023
Entering the NFC Championship in the 2023 NFL playoffs, the 49ers Super Bowl odds are +350 (22% chance) according to BetMGM. The Niners are the No. 2 seed in the NFC Conference.
*NOTE: Odds vary across different sportsbooks, such as Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel and more. You may be able to find better 49ers Super Bowl odds, such as +375, if you visit other sportsbook apps or sites. California sportsbooks are not yet live, but wagers can be placed in any legal betting state, such as Nevada, Arizona and many others.
NFC Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers (15-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (15-3) - Sunday, January 29, 2023
In the Championship Round of the 2023 NFL Playoffs, the 49ers will travel east to play the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, January 29. If the Niners win, they will advance to the Super Bowl. Here are the latest 49ers odds vs. the Eagles.
- Moneyline: 49ers +125
- Spread: 49ers +2.5
- Total: Over/Under 45 Points
What if the 49ers Win vs. the Eagles?
If the 49ers win against the Eagles in the NFC Championship Round, they will advance to Super Bowl LVII (57) on February 12, 2023. They would play either the Kansas City Chiefs or the Cincinnati Bengals, depending on which team wins. Here are the possible outcomes:
- 49ers vs. Chiefs
- 49ers vs. Bengals
- Eagles vs. Chiefs
- Eagles vs. Bengals
49ers NFL Season Key Updates: January 2023
- January 25: Nick Bosa is named the Pro Football Writer's Association (PFWA) Defensive Player of the Year. It is expected that he will soon also win AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year, as most sites either have him at over a 90% favorite, or have stopped offering odds on the award.
- January 24: Despite opening the week with +300 odds, the Niners Super Bowl odds drop to +350 in the following days. The Eagles move to the top spot at several sportsbooks, and the Bengals and Chiefs continue to fluctuate around +260 to +280.
- January 22: In their 12th straight win, the 49ers (15-4) beat the Cowboys in the Divisional Round, 19-12. The Niners advanced to their second straight NFC Championship game, and have yet another chance at a Super Bowl.
- January 14: The 49ers (14-4) keep the win streak going in the NFL Playoffs, easily defeating the Seahawks 41-23 in the Wild Card Round on Saturday. The Niners will host another playoff game in the following weekend's Divisional Round, but their opponent is not yet known.
- January 8: In Week 18, the 49ers comfortably handle the Cardinals in their final regular season game, clinching the No. 2 seed in the NFC. The Niners will host the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the 2023 NFL playoffs, also known as the Wild Card round.
- January 3: With one week left in the regular season, Nick Bosa is still a heavy favorite to win the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. His odds are -1200, meaning oddsmakers are giving him about a 92% chance to win the award.
- January 1: On New Year's Day, the 49ers defeated their former cross-town foe, the Las Vegas Raiders, in an overtime thriller. After an Eagles loss earlier in the day, the Niners now have a chance at the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the playoffs.
Latest NFL 2023 Super Bowl LVII Odds: Top 4
The 49ers Super Bowl odds are currently fourth best in the NFL. Here's the most recent Top 4 list for the 2023 Super Bowl LVII Champion odds:
When is Super Bowl LVII?
Super Bowl LVII, or Super Bowl 57, will be on February 12, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. PT. It will be held at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Odds: Week-by-Week
The latest 49ers Super Bowl odds are +300, or about a 25% chance entering the NFC Championship Round. The Niners have the fourth best odds.
If a bettor placed a $100 bet today and the 49ers won the Super Bowl, they would win $300 and net $400 total.
*The 49ers Super Bowl odds dropped from +1800 to +1400 within hours of trading for Christian McCaffrey
**The 49ers Super Bowl odds dropped from +1100 to +1200 midweek ahead of Week 14
Latest San Francisco 49ers Playoff Chances & Futures Bets: NFL Playoffs
The latest 49ers playoff chances are 100%, as they clinched a playoff berth. The Niners also clinched the NFC West Division Title.
49ers NFC West and NFC Conference Title Odds
In addition to Niners playoff chances and Super Bowl odds, bettors can also place additional futures bets, such as 49ers NFC Conference Title odds, and 49ers NFC West Division Title odds. According to BetMGM, the 49ers are among the top teams to win the NFC Conference.
- 49ers NFC Conference Title Odds: +125 (44%)
- 49ers NFC West Division Title Odds: 100% (Clinched)
49ers Player Futures Odds: NFL Awards
Entering the playoffs, there are two 49ers players with a chance to win some 2022 NFL Season player awards, in addition to Kyle Shanahan, who has moved up in Coach of the Year odds. Here are the latest futures odds for 49ers players and their head coach.
- Defensive Player of the Year - Nick Bosa: -1200
- Comeback Player of the Year - Christian McCaffrey: +250
- Coach of the Year - Kyle Shanahan: +275
- Offensive Rookie of the Year - Brock Purdy: +700
- Offensive Player of the Year - Christian McCaffrey: +5000
49ers 2022 NFL Season Key Updates: December
- December 27: After another big game, 49ers defensive lineman Nick Bosa has moved to a heavy favorite to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Bosa's odds are currently -1100, which means oddsmakers believe he has over a 90% chance of winning the award.
- December 24: In another dominant performance, the Niners win their eighth straight game against the Washington Commanders to move to 11-4. With a playoff spot clinched, the 49ers are pushing to get the 2nd seed in the playoffs.
- December 20: Entering Week 16, two 49ers players appear to have a great chance at some of the individual NFL Awards. Defensive lineman Nick Bosa has now become the favorite to win Defensive Player of the Year with -130 odds, and newcomer Christian McCaffrey has moved to the No. 2 spot in the Comeback Player of the Year race with +175 odds.
- December 15: The 49ers (10-4) officially clinch a playoff berth after a big 21-13 win over the Seattle Seahawks (7-7) on Thursday Night Football. The Niners also clinch the NFC West Division title, guaranteeing them at least one home game in the postseason.
- December 14: As the 49ers head to Seattle for a big Week 15 game on Thursday Night Football, Christian McCaffrey was named the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week. The Niners are one game away from clinching a spot in the playoffs, and a win over the Seahawks will guarantee them a spot in the postseason.
- December 11: With Brock Purdy under center in place of Jimmy Garoppolo, the 49ers dominated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from start to finish in a 42-7 victory in Week 14. The Niners move back into the Top 5 when it comes to Super Bowl odds, with the 4th best odds just ahead of the Cowboys.
- December 6: Despite news that Jimmy Garoppolo could be back within 7-8 weeks, the 49ers Super Bowl odds dropped again, this time to +1200. Oddsmakers now give the 49ers about a 7.7% chance to win the Super Bowl.
- December 4: The 49ers win their fifth straight game to move to 8-4 after beating the Miami Dolphins. Despite the good win, the Niners got some difficult news with Jimmy Garoppolo suffering what appears to be a season-ending injury. The 49ers Super Bowl odds drop from +600 to +1100.
49ers 2022 NFL Season Key Updates: November
- November 27: In Week 12, the top-ranked 49ers defense showed up big time in a 13-0 shutout win over the New Orleans Saints. After winning their fourth straight game to move to 7-4, the Niners Super Bowl odds moved to +600, giving them the 3rd-best odds in the league as they jumped ahead of the Eagles (+650).
- November 24: After starting the week at +750, the 49ers Super Bowl odds moved to +700, giving them the 4th best odds to win the Super Bowl.
- November 21: In a Week 11 Monday Night Football matchup in Mexico, the 49ers dominated the Arizona Cardinals from start to finish, 38-10. The Niners Super Bowl odds, conference title odds, and division title odds hit a season-best.
- November 13: The 49ers defeat the Chargers 22-16 in a primetime matchup on NBC Sunday Night Football in Week 10. The team moves to 5-4, and their playoff chances drastically improve.
- November 10: After missing the previous game, multiple news outlets announce that Deebo Samuel is set to return for the Niners in their Week 10 primetime matchup vs. the Chargers. Additionally, star fullback Kyle Juszczyk and several other players are expected to be back in action after missing time due to injuries.
- November 1: Ahead of the NFL trade deadline, the Niners traded running back Jeff Wilson to the Miami Dolphins for a 2023 5th Round pick. Although Wilson has been a key contributor for years, the acquisition of Christian McCaffrey changed things for the 49ers backfield, as he will receive the bulk of the workload moving forward.
2022 49ers Season Key Updates: October
- October 30: San Francisco continues their regular season dominance against the Rams, defeating their division rival handily, 31-14. Their odds to win the NFC West and make the playoffs dramatically improve. Christian McCaffrey makes his presence known, with a "triple crown" of touchdowns: 1 rushing, 1 receiving and 1 passing.
- October 23: The Niners lose their second straight in a blowout 44-23 loss to the Chiefs in Week 8. Despite some contributions from new acquisition Christian McCaffrey, the 49ers struggled to find a rhythm on offense and could not contain the high-scoring Chiefs. Despite the loss, the Super Bowl and playoff odds barely move across sportsbooks.
- October 20: In a stunning midseason blockbuster trade, the 49ers acquire superstar running back Christian McCaffrey from the Carolina Panthers. Within hours of the McCaffrey trade, the 49ers Super Bowl odds improved to +1400, after being at +1800 to start the week.
- October 16: In Week 6, the Niners fell to the Atlanta Falcons, 28-14 in a disappointing game to move to 3-3 overall. The 49ers were missing several players due to injury, and the decision to remain on the East Coast did not work out. Despite the loss, the 49ers playoff chances don't take much of a hit, and they are still expected to advance to the postseason.
- October 10: After a Week 5 victory, head coach Kyle Shanahan announced the team will stay on the East Coast ahead of their Week 6 matchup in Atlanta, as opposed to flying back and forth.
- October 9: In Week 5, the 49ers traveled across the country and defeated the Carolina Panthers 37-15 in a dominant performance. The 49ers improved to 3-2 and saw their odds to win the division significantly improve.
- October 3: In another primetime matchup in Week 4, the 49ers bounced back and defeated their top division rival Los Angeles Rams, 24-9. Both teams move to 2-2, shifting the odds for the playoffs, division, conference and Super Bowl.
2022 49ers Season Key Updates: September
- September 25: After a frustrating offensive performance, the 49ers fall to the Broncos 11-10 in primetime on Sunday Night Football in Week 3. According to ESPN, the Niners had a 78% chance of winning the game early in the 4th quarter.
- September 23: All-pro tight end George Kittle is cleared to play ahead of the 49ers Week 3 primetime matchup against the Broncos on Sunday Night Football.
- September 18: Despite Trey Lance suffering a season-ending injury in the first half, San Francisco earns their first win of the season in Week 2 with a 27-7 win over the Seattle Seahawks. Former starter Jimmy Garappolo, who played well filling in for Lance, is now the starter for the rest of the season.
- September 11: The 49ers lose to the Chicago Bears in Week 1 of the 2022 NFL Season. With poor weather conditions and several inches of rainfall, new starting quarterback Trey Lance and the offense struggle to score points.
- September 5: All-pro tight end George Kittle suffers a groin injury in a Monday practice, making his status for the first few weeks uncertain.
2022 San Francisco 49ers Preseason Outlook
The San Francisco 49ers are one of the most prestigious NFL franchises, tied for the third most Super Bowls with five total. After a tough NFC Championship loss last season, the 49ers are hoping to take the next step in the 2022 NFL season, and win Super Bowl LVII on February 12, 2023.
Although they haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995, the 49ers have been back in contention often over the last decade, as they’ve made two Super Bowls (2012, 2020), and five NFC Championship Games. With several deep postseason runs and Lombardi Trophies over the last few decades, the 49ers are expected to be a contender yet again this season.
Led by now-established coach Kyle Shanahan, the son of legendary coach Mike Shanahan, the 49ers have some of the best offensive weapons in the league in Deebo Samuel and George Kittle. All-Pro linemen Trent Williams (OL) and Nick Bosa (DL) lead the way in the trenches, and the roster is filled with several other talented players.
The team has had deep postseason runs as of late, so it's no surprise they are among the favorites to have a successful 2022 season, even after a tough start. In a division with the defending Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams, the 49ers have a tough road ahead, but still have a decent chance to win the NFC West.
49ers Win Total: How Many Games Will the 49ers Win?
Despite the uncertainty of having a new quarterback, the 49ers win total for the 2022 NFL season was originally listed at anywhere from 9.5-10.5 wins before the season started. The win total varied across different sportsbooks.
BetMGM Sportsbook offered Over 10.5 wins at plus-money odds (+115), but bettors could also take the 49ers win total at a lower number (9.5 or 10) at a different price. You could also find different options and prices at other sportsbooks.
49ers Playoff Chances and Super Bowl Odds FAQs
Yes, the San Francisco 49ers are in the playoffs, which began in January of 2023. The Niners are currently in the NFC Championship Round, and they will have to win one more game to advance to Super Bowl 57 on February 12, 2023.
The San Francisco 49ers odds to win the Super Bowl are at +350 according to BetMGM Sportsbook, which amounts to about a 22% chance based on implied probability.
The 49ers NFC Championship odds are +125, which amounts to about a 44% chance of them winning the NFC Conference Title based on implied probability.
The 49ers clinched a spot in the NFL playoffs, which began on January 14, 2023.
The San Francisco 49ers have clinched the NFC West Division Title. This means they will have at least one home game in the playoffs.
The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowls. All of the Super Bowls came during the 1980s and 1990s, with players like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott and many others leading the way.
The 49ers have appeared in 7 Super Bowls in the history of their franchise.
California does not currently offer legal sports betting. However, anyone over the age of 21 can place a bet on the 49ers if they are in a state with regulated sports betting, such as Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and several others. Simply visit a sportsbook such as BetMGM, Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings or others.