The San Francisco 49ers lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game of last year's playoffs. In the 2023 NFL Season, San Francisco will likely have Brock Purdy or Trey Lance at quarterback, and several returning stars on offense and defense. Here's the latest 49ers playoff chances, Super Bowl odds, player futures bets and more.
Latest 49ers Super Bowl Odds & Playoff Chances
The best available 49ers Super Bowl odds are +1000, or about a 9.1% chance based on implied probability, and the latest 49ers playoff chances are 82% (-450).
*NOTE: Odds vary across different sportsbooks, such as Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM and more. We try our best to provide the best available 49ers odds among all legal sportsbook apps or online sports betting sites. California sportsbooks are not yet live, but wagers can be placed in any legal sports betting state, such as Nevada, Arizona and many others. Various types of sports bets can also be placed with social sportsbooks, such as:
Latest San Francisco 49ers News & Updates: May 2023
- April 19: Despite drafting him with the third overall selection just a few years ago, the San Francisco 49ers are reportedly considering trading quarterback Trey Lance. Wondering where his next team could be? View our recent article on Trey Lance next team odds.
- March 17: Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo signs with the Las Vegas Raiders, leaving the San Francisco 49ers for a new team in free agency. Either Brock Purdy or Trey Lance will be under center in 2023.
- March 16: Soon after free agency begins, the 49ers sign several free agents, including quarterback Sam Darnold, cornerback Isaiah Oliver, and defensive linemen Javon Hargrave and Clelin Ferrell.
- January 29: In the NFC Championship Game, the San Francisco 49ers lose to the Philadelphia Eagles, 31-7.
- January 25: 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa is named the Pro Football Writer's Association (PFWA) Defensive Player of the Year. It is expected that he will soon also win AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year, as most sites either have him at over a 90% favorite, or have stopped offering odds on the award.
- January 24: Despite opening the week with +300 odds, the Niners Super Bowl odds drop to +350 in the following days ahead of the NFC Title game. The Eagles move to the top spot at several sportsbooks, and the Bengals and Chiefs continue to fluctuate around +260 to +280.
- January 22: In their 12th straight win, the 49ers (15-4) beat the Cowboys in the Divisional Round, 19-12. The Niners advanced to their second straight NFC Championship game, and still have another chance to win a Lombardi Trophy.
- January 14: The 49ers (14-4) keep the win streak going in the NFL Playoffs, easily defeating the Seahawks 41-23 in the Wild Card Round on Saturday. The Niners will host another playoff game in the following weekend's Divisional Round, but their opponent is not yet known.
- January 8: In Week 18, the 49ers comfortably handle the Cardinals in their final regular season game, clinching the No. 2 seed in the NFC. The Niners will host the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the 2023 NFL playoffs, also known as the Wild Card round.
- January 3: With one week left in the regular season and a strong performance against the Las Vegas Raiders, Nick Bosa is a heavy favorite to win the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. His odds are -1200, meaning oddsmakers are giving him about a 92% chance to win the award.
- January 1: On New Year's Day, the San Francisco 49ers defeated their former cross-town foe, the Las Vegas Raiders, in an overtime thriller. After an Eagles loss earlier in the day, the Niners now have a chance at the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the playoffs.
2023 San Francisco 49ers Schedule
2023 San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Odds: Best Available
The best available odds for the San Francisco 49ers to win Super Bowl LVIII (58) in 2024 are +1000, available now at DraftKings Sportsbook. Additional sportsbooks such as BetMGM, FanDuel and Caesars list the odds slightly lower, between +700 and +950. If you want the best possible return, it's recommended to use DraftKings.
For reference, a $100 bet on the 49ers to win the Super Bowl at DraftKings Sportsbook in any legal sports betting state would win $1000, and net $1100 total if they won. A $100 bet at the other sportsbooks would win less money.
Latest NFL 2024 Super Bowl LVII Odds: Top 5
The 49ers odds for next season are currently in the Top 5 at most legal sports betting sites and apps. They are ranked No. 3 at some sportsbooks, and No. 4 at others. Here's the most recent Top 5 list for the 2024 Super Bowl LVIII Champion odds.
NOTE: This list is from DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can get the most value. FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook and others will have slightly different odds.
When is Super Bowl LVIII?
Super Bowl LVIII (58), will be on February 11, 2024 It will be held at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada, the home stadium of the Las Vegas Raiders.
San Francisco 49ers Futures Bets: 2023 NFL Season
Bettors can also place futures bets on additional sports betting markets, such as San Francisco 49ers NFC Conference Title odds, and 49ers NFC West Division Title odds. According to BetMGM, the 49ers are among the top teams to win the NFC Conference.
San Francisco 49ers NFC West and NFC Conference Title Odds
Here are the latest Niners conference and division odds.
- NFC West Division Title Odds: -175
- NFC Conference Title Odds: +350
San Francisco 49ers Player Futures Odds: NFL Awards
Here are the latest sports betting futures odds for 49ers players and their head coach.
- Defensive Player of the Year - Nick Bosa: +1000
- Coach of the Year - Kyle Shanahan: +500
- Offensive Player of the Year - Christian McCaffrey: +2000
San Francisco 49ers Playoff Picture
We will track the San Francisco 49ers playoff chances in the 2023 season. Here's a look at how the 2022 season went.
2023 San Francisco 49ers Preseason Outlook
The San Francisco 49ers are one of the most prestigious NFL franchises, tied for the third most Super Bowls with five total. Although they haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995, the 49ers have been back in contention often over the last decade, as they’ve made two Super Bowls (2012, 2020), and five NFC Championship Games.
With several deep postseason runs and Lombardi Trophies over the last few decades, the 49ers are expected to be a contender yet again this season. The biggest question, however, is if the 49ers want to move forward with Brock Purdy at quarterback, or give Trey Lance another shot.
Led by now-established coach Kyle Shanahan, the son of legendary coach Mike Shanahan, the 49ers have some of the best offensive weapons in the league in Deebo Samuel and George Kittle. All-Pro linemen Trent Williams (OL) and Nick Bosa (DL) lead the way in the trenches, and the roster is filled with several other talented players.
The team has had deep postseason runs as of late, so it's no surprise they are among the favorites to have a successful 2023 season, even in a tough division with the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals.
Interested in following the odds of San Francisco's in-state division rival? View the latest Los Angeles Rams odds.
San Francisco 49ers Win Total: How Many Games Will the Niners Win?
For the 2023 NFL season, the 49ers win total has been set at Over or Under 11.5 Wins at most sportsbooks. This means you would bet the over if you think they will win 12 games or more, or the under if you think they will win 11 games or less.
Despite another offseason of uncertainty at the quarterback position, the 49ers win total is even higher than the 2022 NFL Season last year, when it was set at 9.5-10.5 wins
Interested in following the odds of other California teams? Check out the latest Los Angeles Chargers odds.
BetCalifornia.com will continue provide the latest San Francisco 49ers odds once available.
San Francisco 49ers Odds FAQs
As we are in the offseason, the San Francisco 49ers are not in the playoffs. The Niners made the playoffs last season, but lost in the NFC Championship Round. The 2023 NFL Season has not yet started, but the latest Niners playoff odds are -450, or about an 82% chance.
The best available 49ers odds to win the 2024 Super Bowl are +1000 according to DraftKings Sportsbook, which amounts to about a 9.1% chance based on implied probability. Other legal sportsbooks list the odds slightly lower, between +750 to +950.
The latest San Francisco 49ers odds to win the NFC Championship in 2023 are +350 according to BetMGM. This gives them about a 22% chance to win the NFC Title game. These odds are among the best in the conference, better than the Los Angeles Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and all other NFC teams except the Philadelphia Eagles.
The 2023 49ers playoff chances are currently about 82%, which is based on their latest odds of -450 at BetMGM Sportsbook. These odds are among the best in the league.
The latest 2023 San Francisco 49ers NFC West Division title odds are -175, or about a 64% chance based on implied probability. These are the best odds in the division compared to the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals.
The 49ers have won five Super Bowls, tied with the Dallas Cowboys for third-most all time. All of the Super Bowls came during the 1980s and 1990s, with players like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott and many others leading the way.
The 49ers have appeared in 7 Super Bowls in the history of their franchise. The most recent appearance came in 2020 when they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-20, in Super Bowl LIV.
California does not currently offer legal sports betting. However, anyone over the age of 21 can place a bet on the San Francisco 49ers if they are in a state with regulated sports betting, such as Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and several others. Simply visit a sportsbook such as BetMGM, Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings or others.