Thanks to a thrilling come-from-behind win over the Detroit Lions, the San Francisco 49ers are heading to Super Bowl 58 to take on the Kansas City Chiefs.
I'll be tracking the 49ers' odds to win the Super Bowl, odds movement, and the latest developments surrounding the 2024 Super Bowl, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back often for the latest news and updates.
Latest 49ers Super Bowl Odds
As of January 29, DraftKings Sportsbook is the only legal US betting site still offering a separate market for Super Bowl Champion. Here, the 49ers are currently -125 to win the big game.
To bet on the 49ers Super Bowl odds at all other California sportsbooks, you simply have to wager on the moneyline. Here are the latest moneyline odds for the 49ers' matchup against the Chiefs at some of the most popular betting brands.
|📊 49ers' Super Bowl Odds (Moneyline)
|✅ Odds Last Updated
|February 5, 2024
The 49ers' moneyline odds to win the Super Bowl have lengthened slightly compared to last week. At the end of January, most betting sites had San Fran around -115 to -120 on the moneyline. As of February 5, the majority of sportsbooks are now at -130. ESPN BET currently has the best price for those wanting to back the 49ers at -124.
49ers-Chiefs Betting Odds
The 49ers have made it to the Super Bowl after needing some late-game heroics in back-to-back games. Regardless of how they got here, San Francisco finds themselves as slight favorites for their Super Bowl matchup against Kansas City.
Here are the latest 49ers-Chiefs odds via DraftKings California Sportsbook as of February 5:
- Spread: 49ers -2
- Moneyline: San Fran -125, KC +105
- Total: Over 47.5 (-112), Under 47.5 (-108)
The 49ers' Super Bowl betting odds have fluctuated since opening on January 28 after San Fran wrapped up the NFC Championship. The opening betting lines for the 2024 Super Bowl had the 49ers as 2.5-point favorites and -135 moneyline odds. The next day, that dropped to -1 and -118, respectively. After early money initially came pouring in on Kansas City, the number and amount of wagers has since balanced out. The 49ers' spread is now back to -2 and the moneyline has slightly lengthened to -125 as of Monday, February 5.
49ers Super Bowl Prop Bets
When it comes to Super Bowl betting, prop bets take center stage. Every major sportsbook will go above and beyond their normal prop bet offerings and expand into hundreds of different prop markets. This goes from before the actual game starts with the length of the national anthem to the end of the game with what color Gatorade will be dumped on the winning coach. This year, some operators are even including prop bets surrounding pop star Taylor Swift. At DraftKings, there is an entire tab dubbed "For the Swifties". There's truly nothing like Super Bowl betting.
Here are some of the more unique and interesting Super Bowl prop bets available across several of the top betting sites:
- Combined TD scorer jersey numbers (DraftKings): Over/Under 121.5
- Brock Purdy first pass attempt direction and yards (DraftKings): There are nine different options for this market, but as one example you could wager on Purdy's first pass attempt being middle and 10-19 yards at +650
- Which team will be first to use a coach's challenge? (DraftKings)
- Which 49ers player will record a catch on the first drive? (DraftKings)
- Fastest offensive ball carrier recorded (FanDuel)
- Total yardage of all 49ers touchdowns (FanDuel): Over/Under 35.5
- Shortest touchdown (BetMGM): Over/Under 1.5 yards
- Method of first missed field goal (ESPN BET)
- Total number of 49ers defensive tackles (bet365): Over/Under 39.5
49ers Super Bowl Odds News & Updates
Here are the latest updates and pieces of news impacting the San Francisco 49ers odds to win the Super Bowl:
- 📅 February 7, 2024: After missing all three practices last week, George Kittle opens this week as a limited participant, a positive sign for his Super Bowl availability.
- 📅 February 5, 2024: Despite missing back-to-back practices at the end of the week, defensive lineman Arik Armstead is not expected to have an injury designation heading into the final week of practices.
- 📅 January 28, 2024: After trailing 24-7 at halftime, the 49ers outscore Detroit 27-7 in the second half to win the NFC Championship and move on to Super Bowl 58.
- 📅 January 20, 2024: San Fran holds on to defeat Green Bay, 24-21. The 49ers are the betting favorites to win Super Bowl 58 at +145 on most legal US betting sites.
- 📅 January 16, 2024: Star running back Christian McCaffrey gets in a full practice and is deemed a "full go" for the playoff game against Green Bay.
- 📅 January 13, 2024: With the No. 7 Green Bay Packers victory over the No. 2 Dallas Cowboys, the 49ers know their opponent for their first playoff game. San Fran will host the Packers on Saturday, January 20.
- 📅 December 31: The 49ers clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC thanks to their victory over Washington and the surprise upset of Arizona over Philadelphia.
- 📅 December 17: With their win over Arizona, the 49ers have clinched the NFC West division title.
- 📅 December 10: The 49ers become the first team to clinch a playoff berth thanks to a Week 14 victory and loss by the Minnesota Vikings.
- 📅 November 21: Star safety Talanoa Hufanga is placed on IR after tearing his ACL against Tampa Bay.
2023-2024 San Francisco 49ers Schedule
Below is the 49ers regular season schedule for this year. The odds listed beside the matchups were pulled from DraftKings Sportsbook.
The 49ers will wrap up the 2023-2024 season with a 12-5 schedule, tying them for the second-best record behind the Baltimore Ravens who finished 13-4. San Francisco was 9-8 against the spread (ATS), putting them in the middle of the pack in terms of their cover percentage.
49ers Betting Trends
No matter which California sports betting app you may want to use once available, it can sometimes be helpful to look at betting trends prior to placing your wagers. Here are a few data points from the 49ers' 2023-2024 season, including the playoffs:
- Across all games, the 49ers are 9-10 against the spread (ATS).
- As favorites, the 49ers are 9-10 ATS.
- Against teams with winning records, the 49ers are 5-9 ATS.
- In games this season where San Fran is favored by a field goal or less, they are 3-0 ATS.
- San Fran is 2-3 ATS in non-conference games.
- The over has hit in 11 of 19 games for the 49ers, giving them the eighth-highest over rate across the league (57.9%).
San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Outlook and Prediction
The San Francisco 49ers have unquestionably been one of the best teams all year long and are one of the most balanced teams across the league. During the regular season, the 49ers led the league in yards per play average (6.7) and were tied for third in points per game (29.4). They finished the year with just 12 total turnovers which was tied for the fewest in the league.
While the defense took a beating during the three-game losing streak earlier in the season and was torched by Baltimore, they've been a sound unit outside of those instances. The 49ers' defense allowed just 17.3 points per game which was the second-best mark across the league and their 5.0 yards per play allowed average was tied for the seventh-fewest.
Although the Packers are a better team than their No. 7 seeding might suggest, this should be a game where San Francisco takes care of business and moves one game closer to the Super Bowl. Assuming that happens, the 49ers will take on the winner of the Lions/Buccaneers game. San Fran will be favorites in either situation, but fans should be rooting for the Bucs to pull off the upset, as this would be a more favorable game for San Fran.
The 49ers have been Super Bowl betting favorites for several weeks in a row and it's not without merit. As long as San Francisco can avoid major injuries and any crippling gaffes on defense, we should see them compete in their eighth Super Bowl this February.
San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl History
The 49ers have won five Super Bowls, tied with the Dallas Cowboys for third-most all time. All of the Super Bowl wins came during the 1980s and 1990s, with players like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott, and many others leading the way.
How Many Times Have the 49ers Made the Super Bowl?
The 49ers have appeared in seven Super Bowls in the history of their franchise. The most recent appearance came in 2020 when they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-20, in Super Bowl LIV. All of the Super Bowls the San Francisco 49ers have gone to include:
- 1981 - Super Bowl XVI, 49ers win 26-21 vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- 1984 - Super Bowl XIX, 49ers win 38-16 vs. Miami Dolphins
- 1988 - Super Bowl XXIII, 49ers win 20-16 vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- 1989 - Super Bowl XXIV, 49ers win 55-10 vs. Denver Broncos
- 1994 - Super Bowl XXIX, 49ers win 49-26 vs. San Diego Chargers
- 2013 - Super Bowl XLVII, 49ers lose 34-31 vs. Baltimore Ravens
- 2020 - Super Bowl LIV, 49ers lose 31-20 vs. Kansas City Chiefs
San Francisco 49ers Odds FAQs
Currently, the San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl odds are -125 per DraftKings Sportsbook. Using implied probability, this gives the 49ers a 55.6% chance of winning Super Bowl 58.
The San Francisco 49ers were the first team to clinch a playoff berth this season. The 49ers secured a spot in the postseason following their Week 14 victory over Seattle.
The 49ers have already clinched the NFC West Division. This gives San Francisco their 22nd NFC West title.
The San Francisco 49ers have clinched the NFC Championship thanks to their victory over the Detroit Lions on January 28. The 49ers were trailing 24-7 at halftime and came back to win 34-31.
California does not currently offer legal sports betting. However, anyone over the age of 21 can place a bet on the San Francisco 49ers if they are in a state with legalized sports betting, such as Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and multiple others.