The Los Angeles Chargers fell to the Jacksonville Jaguars 31-30 in last season's NFL Wild Card Round, their first playoff appearance in five years. In 2023, head coach Brandon Staley and quarterback Justin Herbert are hoping for another postreason run. California sports betting is not yet live, but we're monitoring the latest Chargers playoff chances and odds to win the Super Bowl.
Latest Los Angeles Chargers Playoff Chances & Super Bowl Odds
The best available Chargers Super Bowl odds are now +3500, or about a 3.8% chance, and the Chargers playoff odds are -110 (52.4%).
For reference, a $100 bet on the Los Angeles Chargers odds to win the Super Bowl at +3500 would win $3500, and net $3600 total if they won. A $100 bet on the Chargers to make the playoffs would win $90.91 and net $190.91.
*NOTE: Odds vary across sportsbooks, such as DraftKings, Caesars, FanDuel and others. You may be able to find better Chargers odds, such as +3100, or better Chargers playoff odds if you visit other sportsbook apps or sites.
2023 Los Angeles Chargers Schedule
2023 Los Angeles Chargers News & Updates: October 2023
This is a big offseason for the Chargers. Here's the latest news and updates influencing the 2023 Chargers.
- 📆 August 12: The Los Angeles Chargers beat the cross-town rivalLos Angeles Rams 34-17 in their first 2023 NFL preseason game.
- 📆 April 29: In Rounds 2-7 of the 2023 NFL Draft, the Chargers added even more talent to their roster. Defensive players Tuli Tuipulotu (Round 2, No. 54) and Daiyan Henley (Round 3, No. 85) were highlights of the early rounds. In the later rounds, wide receiver Derius Davis and quarterback Max Duggan, a college teammate of Quentin Johnston at TCU, added some additional depth on the offensive side.
- 📆 April 27: The Chargers drafted TCU WR Quentin Johnston with the 21st overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. Johnston adds another weapon to the Los Angeles' wide receiver corps, and is expected to help the Chargers playoff chances.
- 📆 April 3: The Chargers hosted local product USC WR Jordan Addison for a pre-draft visit.
- 📆 March 15: The Chargers signed LB Eric Kendricks to help bolster their defensive front.
- 📆 January 30: The Chargers hired Kellen Moore to replace Joe Lombardi as the team's offensive coordinator. Paired with head coach Brandon Staley, the Chargers have some of the youngest coaches in the league, but continue to be seen as one of the top teams in the AFC West among the Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos.
- 📆 January 14: In their final game of the 2022 NFL Season, the Los Angeles Chargers lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars 31-30 in the AFC Wild Card.
Bookmark this page as we continue to monitor all the key developments and breaking news impacting the 2023 Chargers. We'll provide the latest odds from all legal sportsbook operators.
2023 Los Angeles Chargers Super Bowl Odds
The best available Los Angeles Chargers odds to win Super Bowl LVIII (58) in 2024 are +2500, available now at BetMGM. Other sportsbooks such as DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook and FanDuel list the Chargers odds to win the Super Bowl slightly lower, at +2200 or +2100, so if you want the best possible return, it's recommended to use the best available odds.
For reference, a $100 bet on the Chargers to win the Super Bowl would win $2500, and net $2600 total if they won. A $100 bet at the other sportsbooks would win slightly less money.
Latest NFL 2024 Super Bowl LVII Odds: Top 7
The Chargers odds to win the Super Bowl next season are currently outside of the Top 7 in the NFL. Here's the most recent Top 7 compared to the Chargers odds for Super Bowl LVIII in 2024:
When is Super Bowl LVIII?
Super Bowl LVIII, or Super Bowl 58, will be on February 11, 2024 It will be held at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Looking Ahead: Chargers Playoff Picture
The Los Angeles Chargers playoff outlook relies heavily on the shoulders of their star quarterback Justin Herbert and strong wide receiver duo of Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. The Chargers under Brandon Staley are primed for a playoff push. With an MVP candidate on offense and a defensive player of the year candidate in Joey Bosa whose odds sit at +4500 on DraftKings Sportsbook, the Los Angeles team is looking to unseat the Kansas City Chiefs as the defending AFC West champions.
Will the Chargers Make the Playoffs?
As we are in the offseason, all of the 32 teams in the NFL still have a chance to make the playoffs. The Los Angeles Chargers playoff chances are currently about 52.4%, according to the -110 sports betting odds at DraftKings.
Interested in following the playoff chances of one of the Chargers' AFC West Division rivals? Check out the latest Las Vegas Raiders playoff odds.
2023 Los Angeles Chargers Over/Under Win Total
The 2023 Chargers Over/Under win total has been set at 9.5 wins. This means they would need to win 10 games or more for the Over to win, or 9 games or less for the Under. In head coach Brandon Staley's two seasons, they have won 9 and 10 games respectfully.
How Many Super Bowls Have the Chargers Won?
The Los Angeles Chargers have never won the Super Bowl. The team has been to one Super Bowl in their franchise's history, losing to the San Francisco 49ers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX (1995).
How Many Times Have the Chargers Made the Super Bowl?
The Chargers have appeared in 1 Super Bowl, Super Bowl XXIX where they lost to the San Francisco 49ers 49-26 at Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami, Florida.
Los Angeles Chargers Odds FAQs
The Los Angeles Chargers playoffs chances are about 52.4% based on the implied probability of their -110 odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. As we are currently in the offseason, the Chargers playoff odds may change often, and will vary across different sportsbooks.
As the 2023 NFL season has not yet started, the Chargers are not in the playoffs. The latest Chargers playoff chances are slightly above 50%, based on the most recent -110 playoff odds from DraftKings. We will provide additional updates moving forward, as these odds will change leading up to the season.
The best available Los Angeles Chargers odds to win Super Bowl 58 in 2024 are +2500 at multiple legal sportsbooks. Keep in mind, Super Bowl odds and other NFL futures odds will change often throughout the 2023 season.
The Los Angeles Chargers odds to win the AFC West are +300 at DraftKings. They have the second-most favorable odds to win the AFC West Division, slightly behind the Kansas City Chiefs, and ahead of the Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos.
California does not currently offer legal sports betting, but anyone over the age of 21 can place a bet on the Rams odds as long as they are in a state with regulated sports betting, such as Nevada, Arizona, Colorado or over a dozen others.